Chargebacks arise from card transactions. Buyer can file chargeback for several reasons:
- Unauthorized transaction - where payment was not initiated by the buyer e.g. fraud. All card transactions on Tazapay are protected by 3DS which prevents unauthorized usage of cards.
- Item not received (INR) - where buyer did not receive the goods or service at all.
- Significantly not as described (SNAD) - where the goods or service delivered by the seller does not meet the requirements agreed between the parties.
As per the terms and conditions that a user signs with Tazapay, the seller is legally liable for all chargebacks. Tazapay shall first inform the seller when a chargeback is received and put a hold on any payment that is payable to the seller.
Tazapay shall provide the seller the option to accept or contest the chargeback. If the seller decided to accept the chargeback, then Tazapay shall deduct the chargeback from the amounts payable to the seller. If the seller decides to contest the chargeback, then Tazapay shall require supporting documents from the seller to contest the chargeback.
The seller must provide supporting documents within 10 days for the following scenarios:
- Item not received - proof of delivery
- Significantly not as described - supporting documents, photographic evidence of the item, and any additional evidence as needed
If the chargeback decision is in favor of the seller, then Tazapay shall remove the hold on the payments and release the funds to the seller. If the chargeback decision is against the seller, then Tazapay shall deduct the chargeback amount from the amount held and then release the net amount to the seller.
If you have any questions regarding any chargeback disputes you're facing, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org