Note: You may want to refer to our FAQ on how to set up our JSON collection on an API platform.
*Prior to updating your user details, you may want to retrieve your account_ID aka UUID by making a Get User call by email. Enter your account's email as such
Step 1: Go to the Update - Business or Update - Individual API and insert your account_id as such
"first_name": "", //this parameter would be business_name for ind_bus_type "Business"
Step 2: You'll be able to update details according to these parameters
- first_name: (for Individuals only) Your first name
- last_name: (for Individuals only) Your last name
- business_name: (for Businesses only) Your business name
- contact_code: Your country code for your contact number. For eg: +1 for the United States, +65 for Singapore
- contact_number: Your phone number, written locally without the country code
Step 3: Send the API call, and you should get either of these 3 response messages:
// If 200: Success message
"message":"user details updated"
// If 400: Shown in case of a KYB/KYC verified user
"message":"Unable to update user details at this time, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and share the following reference ID: <transaction reference>."
// If 500: Server error
"message":"something went wrong. please try again later"
For more info on the Update user API, you may refer to our API documentation.